Freeze-Dried Red Raspberry Powder
High in antioxidants
The Antioxidant Power of Red Raspberry Powder
Our red raspberry powder contains a potent blend of antioxidants that are practically unseen in any other fruit on the planet. Red raspberries are rich in ellagic acid, quercetin, gallic acid, anthocyanins, cyanidins, catechins, kaempferol, and salicylic acid, making them a powerful contender against cancer-causing toxins that we are exposed to through food, the environment, and other sources.
Anthocyanins, the compound that gives red raspberries their deep, rich color, is a major component of a class of flavonoids that act as antioxidants. These healthful flavonoids have been known to improve vision, control diabetes, improve circulation, fight cancer, and slow the effects of aging, specifically in terms of memory and motor skills. The anthocyanins in our red raspberry powder have a microbial effect, which reduces overall bacterial in the body as well as fungal growth.
Our red raspberry powder is a great source of quercetin and catechins, a type of antioxidant known as a flavanol. These flavanols help to support a strong immune system and prevent many cancers. Quercetin and catechins are reported to reduce the release of histamine, which may be effective against certain allergies.
One of the most beneficial components of our red raspberry powder is ellagic acid, a phytonutrient that is in a class of substances called tannins. Ellagic acid is a powerful antioxidant, showing anti-carcinogenic and anti-mutagenic properties. Tests conducted at Hollings Cancer Institute at the Medical University of South Carolina reported that consuming ellagic acid was possibly the best way to fight cancer because it inhibited growth of cancer cells and prevented the growth of new cells in those predisposed to the disease. The ellagic acid in our red raspberry powder makes cancer-causing chemicals inactive, inhibiting them to cause mutations. Ellagic acid also prevents the binding of carcinogens to DNA, a feat that is almost exclusive to red raspberries.
Red Raspberry Powder – An All Around Nutritional Powerhouse
Our red raspberry powder is a nutrient rich addition to a healthy diet. Red raspberries are a rich source of fiber, which can have a positive effect on blood sugar and good digestion. Our red raspberry powder is packed with Vitamin C, E, and K, as well as magnesium, folate, copper, potassium, and Omega 3 fatty acids. Studies have shown that obtaining vital nutrients from red raspberry powder is more effective than taking individual vitamin supplements.
About Our Red Raspberry Powder
Red raspberries are members of the rose family. Their use as a food staple dates back to prehistoric times when early hunter-gathers picked the berries on their travels. As these early dwellers migrated in search of food, they dropped the berries along their path and the seeds grew, allowing the red raspberry to flourish over many parts of the world.
Today, the sweet and slightly tart berries are cultivated widely in North and South America. Our fragrant red raspberry powder has a subtle flavor and is freeze dried from whole berries using methods that protect the powerful antioxidant properties of the delicious fruit. Try our red raspberry powder in your favorite beverages, hot cereals, and desserts.
Our Freeze-Dried Red Raspberry Powder has the following possible benefits
- An extremely high source of ellagic acid
- Provides almost 50% higher antioxidant activity than strawberries because of high levers of tannins
- May help prevent the development of early atherosclerosis
- Ability to prevent overgrowth of certain bacteria and fungi in the body
- High in polyphenolic compounds known for their anti-cancer properties
- Contains strong antioxidants such as Vitamin C, quercetin, and gallic acid
- Raspberries have been shown to inhibit the production of COX-I and COX-II enzymes. Anti-inflammatory products like ibuprofen & aspirin, inhibit COX-I and COX-II resulting in the reduction of pain associated with arthritis, gout, and other inflammatory conditions
- Red raspberry ketones are currently being used in Japan as a weight loss supplement in a pill form and as an external patch
- Good source of anthocyanins including quercetin, kaempferol cyanidin-3-glucosylrutinoside, and cyanidin-3-rutinoside
- Possesses chemo-protective properties and can help prevent breast cancer
- Helps suppress esophageal tumor and decrease rectal polyps
The recommended dosage is 1 tablespoon per day. We always recommend, if you are new to this product, starting with a smaller quantity, and giving your body a few days to adjust. The Freeze-Dried Red Raspberry Powder can be mixed with milk or juice, added to a smoothie, or sprinkled on your favorite cereal.
European Raspberry, Framboise